April 20, 2011

Feeling Inspired!

We were browsing the library the other day, as we often do (particularly when the weather is less than inviting), and I spotted this book in the children's section:

Has anyone else seen this amazing book? Probably only crafty folks can truly appreciate how much work must have gone into these pages. All the scenes for the nursery rhymes are constructed with intricately sewn felt and sweetly painted faces.



The author, Salley Mavor, creates gorgeous, books, notecards, and limited edition dolls in her studio, Wee Folk Studio. You can order any of the above, or learn her secrets for creating her signature fairy dolls on her web site. I also noticed that there is a travelling exhibit of the original work for this book, so be sure to stop by your local library for me if it's coming to your area.

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Elena Rosenberg Wearable Fiber Art said...

Amazing! So much talent, creativity, labor, and, very clearly, love! Thank you for sharing, Amy :)

Gigi said...

I just recently discovered her incredibly charming work as well. Love it and have two of her books on my Amazon wish list - can't wait to purchase them for my littles (and me ;).
Blessings,
GG