August 8, 2011

Well, well, well...

It looks like someone decided to take a month off from blogging. Wish I could say it was because I was kicking back with a tall glass of lemonade, lazily reading a fabulous summertime novel, but alas, no. I actually don't have any explanation at all. It's just summer. And it's busy, busy, busy (isn't summer supposed to be relaxing, relaxing, relaxing?)!

One of the many lovely things we did during that little blogging hiatus is visit four different parks around Portland that are large enough to have hiking trails within their boundaries. And what did we take on our adventures? The super awesome Naturlist's Scavenger Hunt Bag from Meg's Growing Up Sew Liberated.

{Image from the book: Growing Up Sew Liberated}
And let me tell you, they were put to good use. We collected a number of treasures, which all nestled comfortably beside snack bags and canteens.

This is a fabulous pattern in a fabulous book, which I'm finally going to have in the shop as soon as the new site is up (yay!). So if you just can't wait until September (and who could blame you?) the book can be found on Meg's web site, currently offered at $2 off the regular price and with a free pattern thrown in for good measure!

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

Studio said...

Love that bag...I've just made two. They are on my blog.