June 1, 2010

Knitting on the Brain

While I was roaming around the Puget Sound last week the Magpie Patterns web site decided to take a little—unsanctioned—vacation too. For some mysterious reason (at least to me, a very non-tech-savvy crafter) I can't upload new patterns. Everything else seems to work. Just not the new patterns bit. Hmm.

And so, while someone far more tech-savvy than me figures this mystery out and then fixes it, I'll be knitting, sewing, stitching and um, shopping.

So today, instead of showcasing the newest patterns by fabulous designers I'll share some of my favorite knitting-related finds from Etsy.


Clearly, it's not enough that the yarn is awesome. Isn't Fizz Pop perfect? And hopefully I'm not the only one old enough to remember the rockin' song, You Spin Me Round, by Dead or Alive. I love it.


Yum. I'm pretty sure whatever you made with this yarn would be scrumptious.


Aren't these just gorgeous? But I wouldn't expect anything less from the fabulous Phydeaux Designs, a favorite knitwear designer in the Magpie shop.


This is one of those things that I would buy for the sheer beauty of it. I love pottery and wish I could make something like this myself, but first I would need to master the potter's wheel (or take my first pottery class for that matter).


I love, love, love this necklace. I'm pretty sure I would love it even if I didn't knit.


This is my motto. Seriously. I can stay calm in just about any situation if I've got a knitting project handy. And I know I'm not the only whacky knitter out there that takes her yarn everywhere she goes because I met someone standing in line at the post office working on a scarf. My kind of lady.


Happy knitting (or shopping!) everyone!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this excellent blog post. I've just bought the necklace and the poster - husband will probably hit the roof when he sees my bank statement but its worth it!! :)

Jenn said...

I love this post. So many fun things. I love the poster too - I need one. I have a pin that says "I knit so I don't kill people" which sounds so violent, but for me might sometimes be true...
I knit in school board meetings, especially.

Mama Magpie said...

Thanks! I think every one of those things would be worth it, Meadow! And I'm with you Jenn, I'll knit practically anywhere but meetings tend to be the perfect place for public knitting.

Jeep said...

Just found your site and I hope I can figure out how to keep up with it. I too love to knit....and look forward to it after daily tasks are done....to unwind and relax. I'm knitting a fairly large blanket now so I need a smaller project to be portable.
Glad to have found Magpiepatterns!

Mama Magpie said...

Welcome Jeep!
There are a few ways you can get notices about posts on the blog: you can subscribe (see the "Subscribe to" button above), you can become a follower (via a Blogger account), then there's Twitter (see the "Follow us on Twitter" button above), and Facebook (another button above). If the issue is having enough time, I don't think I'll be much help. But if you figure that part out, will you share the secret? :)