April 26, 2011

Natural Patchwork

Just last week or so I spied this book and thought it would be something I would like very much.
And then it arrived in the mail!

The lovely folks at Shambala Publications, parent company of Make Good Crafts + Life, the publisher of this book, sent me a review copy.

How happy is that?

And although I haven't had a chance to make anything from it yet, here's what I know: I was right. I do like it very much. And, I had thought that the cute little patchwork thing on the cover was a lunchbag but in fact it's a tea cozy. Even better!

There are lots of cute patchwork projects in the book, and happily, this Japanese collection is translated (although the diagrams are so detailed, you might be able to put these lovelies together without instructions).

Two of the projects are available on the Make Good Life + Crafts web site for free, so pop over there to download the Tea Towel Tote Bag and the Yo-Yo Glasses Case patterns. They're both darling. And free is always lovely.

Happy sewing!

No comments: