October 8, 2010

Baby Legs

I just made something that I never thought I would. Only because I wasn't really clear on when I'd use them. But, honestly, has practicality ever been my number one crafting concern? Um, no.
Of course not, cuteness is way higher on the scale. And well, Babylegs, or baby leg warmers, are just cute. No doubt.

So I used some Sheep Shop Sock Yarn and knit these little things up in a jiffy using this tutorial. Well, sort of. Actually, I just guessed when I cast on, and happened to get it right. (I don't necessarily recommend that as a knitting method, unless you're willing to start over a few times, which is what often happens when I throw caution to the wind like that.)

Hopefully Norah will get a little more wear out of them than the baby socks I knit (and knit, and knit), but if not, we can always re-purpose them as super hero armbands.
So it's all good!
Happy knitting!

1 comment:

Rachel O'Donnell said...

I have been wanting to make these for my son, he is crawling and getting into everything these days! Yours came out so cute - you've inspired me to get going before he starts walking :)