A bit like painting by numbers, I've been sewing by pictures. Ages and ages ago I ordered some super cute patterns from France and they've been sitting wistfully on my sewing table, not being sewn, since they arrived.
But a little break in the hectic routine gave me a chance to try one out. And it was a lovely little success!
|Super cute Moda fabric|
This pattern is really simple, so if you have any sewing experience at all, it would all be fairly intuitive. I thought I might have to translate the instructions, but I didn't have to at all, which was nice.
I really like how the top turned out, so I'll probably make a bunch more, although I'll likely modify them a bit. The pattern has the back of the shirt almost entirely open, with only two buttons at the top, but I added buttons all down the back. Next time, though, I'll probably just have buttons on the yoke and make the back panel one piece, rather than two.
I might also try one with short sleeves. Summer will come one day, after all!
|My little model|